Glasses 4 Eyes – Bringing Factory Prices Direct to You!
“Our aim is to save money for the UK public on the purchase cost of their prescription glasses, sunglasses and reglazes.”
Rather than only having one pair of glasses due to the (until now) prohibitive cost of buying additional pairs wouldnt it be nice to have a pair for driving, a pair for watching TV, a pair for playing golf in, or simply different styles to suit your mood on the day?
The days of high prices on the high street may still be here, but now you have a genuine alternative and the opportunity to save a lot of money.
No need to worry about quality.
As our laboratory actually supplies many high street retailers already, so by buying from us you can cut out the huge margins the other high street retailers currently build in to their costs.
Our laboratory employs the services of qualified SMC (tech) Technicians who supervise the dispensing and manufacturing of all our glasses. Our directors have over 60 years of experience between them.
All of our frames have CE marks (ie confirming that they fulfill all essential safety and environmental requirements as defined in applicable European Directives). Our frames also conform to ENV 14027, and International Standards Organisation number 12870.
Call us on 01535 658 012 (Silsden) or 0116 367 6015 (Leicester) or pop in for a visit, our addresses and opening hours are shown below.
26 Kirkgate, Silsden, Keighley BD20 0AL
Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri 9:30am – 4:30pm, Sat 9:30am – 1:30pm
21 Malcolm Arcade, Leicester LE1 5FT
Mon – Fri 9:30am – 4:30pm, Sat 10:00am – 3:00pm
How to order
By law your optician has to provide you with a copy of your prescription. You are not obliged to buy your glasses from your optician, who in turn must not imply that you should.
Simply have an eye test, provide us with the prescription details and save money!
How do we keep our prices so low?
- 15% LTF tints allow 15% light transmission and are used for bright light situations and provide maximum protection from the bright sun especially for those people sensitive to bright lights.
- 50% LTF tints allow 50% light transmission and are good general all round tints for outdoor protection from the sun but not extreme light situations such as midday sun on the water. These 50% tints would be more suitable for driving conditions.
- 85% LTF tints allow 85% light transmission and are often used as “fashion” tints.
Alternatively we can provide Transition lenses which are photosensitive. Transitions lenses are clear in normal light but they tint under bright light.
They are ideal for most people’s everyday lives by eliminating the inconvenience of carrying around an extra pair of prescription sunglasses but they are not suitable for use inside cars when driving, as windscreens absorb the UV-light used for Transitions Lenses to work. They are available for single vision, bifocal and varifocal prescriptions.
This option can be selected at the time of ordering.
Coatings and tints?
- Anti-reflective coating
- Hard anti-scratch coating for FREE
- UV 400 Protective coating
- Sunglasses tint
- Transitions Single Vision Lenses
- Transitions Bifocal Lenses
- Transitions Varifocal Lenses
You can select these options at the time of ordering.
What does UV400 Protective Coating do?
What does Anti-reflective coating do?
What are High Index Lenses?
We recommend High Index Lenses if you prefer a thinner, lighter lens option because you have a medium to high prescription.
We offer 3 x alternative High Index Lenses in single vision, bifocal or varifocal:
- 1.60 index lenses – these are approx 25% thinner than standard index lenses.
- 1.67 index lenses – these are approx 40% thinner than standard index lenses.
- 1.74 index lenses – these are approx 55% thinner than standard index lenses.
An anti-reflective coating is included free of charge on all our high index lenses. This is because they reflect more light than standard lenses. High index lenses may take slightly longer to produce – so please bear this in mind when ordering
We manufacture all types of complex prescriptions so if any of the above is unclear, you can seek advice by calling us or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our frames come as standard with a 12 months manufacturers guarantee.
We accept all major credit and debit cards and we also accept NHS Vouchers.